Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Uncyclopedia article: The Return of Dick Clark's Balls



UnNews:Dick Clark dies; testicles live on



In 2009, I wrote UnNews:Dick Clark's Ball Drops for New Year's Eve. Considering Dick Clark kicked the proverbial bucket this week, I had to write a follow-up. While the original was stupid for the sake of stupid, the sequel epitomizes stupidity.

And what better Uncyclopedian tribute to Dick Clark than an obsessive focus on his genitals?

I threw as many jokes and non-sequitors against the wall to see what would stick. I pointed out the fact that his cameos on Futurama are ruined now that he's been cremated. Really, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if he didn't appear in the freaking pilot. I also referenced the Naked Pope, a running joke from another Uncyclopedian I know.

The best part was that I got to use that testicle image for the third time. I wrote this last year as a goof - and partly to annoy one of the news bureaucrats - and it caused a minor shitstorm. As my own running joke, I post that pic in news articles whenever possible. I'm going to milk those balls dry. So to speak.

There is nothing Freudian going on here.